- Erin Catherman
Erin Catherman is a native Oregonian, born in Roseburg and raised in southeast Portland. Prior to law school, Erin clerked for the Honorable Marshall L. Amiton. Erin attended Lewis & Clark Law School to remain close to her family, who all reside in Portland. During law school, Erin worked as a law clerk for Safeco Insurance Company and a large civil litigation law firm. She is a former Portland State University cheerleader and Horizon Airlines Flight Attendant. In her spare time, Erin enjoys spending time with her husband and their new baby boy. She is an avid Scrabble player and loves movies and reality television. Erin also loves road trips, especially to her husband’s hometown in Idaho where they camp, hike, and raft on the Salmon River. Erin would love to someday own a vineyard and wine tasting room in the Willamette Valley.
Erin is passionate about diversity and mentorship. She currently serves on the Oregon State Bar Affirmative Action Committee. In that role, Erin mentors law students and works with Oregon Bar exam applicants on exam preparation strategies. She also works with a small team of attorneys and judges to plan, organize and coordinate the Oregon State Bar Opportunities for Law in Oregon (“OLIO”) Annual Conference and CLE. Erin is involved with the Oregon Women Lawyers (OWLS), Oregon Minority Lawyers Association, and is a former board member for the Multicultural Integrated Kidney Education Program (MIKE Program) and former Advisory Board member for the African American Chamber of Commerce.
- Before joining Bodyfelt Mount LLP as an associate, Erin practiced at a west coast law firm where her practice involved a wide variety of disputes in both state and federal court. Erin has litigation experience including personal injury, liquor liability, sex abuse, products liability, medical malpractice, and other complex and multi-tiered matters. She has independently arbitrated, mediated, and settled cases. Erin also has experience handling general and environmental insurance coverage matters and first and third-party property and liability insurance disputes.
- Erin co-authored “Federal Jurisdiction Based on Removal” for the ABA Litigation Section and “Rising Catastrophic Flood Losses and Insurer Responses” Emerging Issues Commentary for the LexisNexis Insurance Report.
- Admitted to Oregon Bar, 2008
Admitted to US District Court of Oregon, 2009
District of Oregon, 2009
- J.D., Lewis & Clark Law School, 2008
B.S., Portland State University, 2002
Professional & Community Activities
- Oregon State Bar Affirmative Action Committee
Oregon State Bar OLIO Planning Subcommittee
Oregon State Bar OLIO Finance Subcommittee
Oregon Association of Defense Counsel
Oregon Women Lawyers
Oregon Minority Lawyers Association